The membrane containers come in sizes of 100, 250, 500, 1000 and 3000 ml and offer a number of user advantages, like
- Constant drip speed – good measuring of the rest volume , sterility when fitting the administration set, complete emptying
- It is economical, easy to handle, easy to transport all the way from the factory to the end-user, and it eliminates waste of infusion fluid
- Some sizes are also available in polyethylene – 500 ml and 1000 ml
- The liquid has no contact with the rubber disc, the rubber disc is latex-free
- The container collapses during infusion thus no risk of air-emboli
- IV manufacturers will receive the containers empty, deflated and sealed
The filling machine will cut open the container, fill and re-seal the container with minimal personnel involvement.
The containers are placed on the autoclaving rack. The containers may hang very close and therefore the capacity of the autoclave is optimised. No over-wrapping is needed. The labelling of the containers may take place before or after autoclaving at 121°C.
All standard ISO administration sets can be used.